Sunday, February 26, 2012

alternative materials

Laser Cut Clear Acrylic and Felt
The human body is composed of several essential biological elements that are both hidden beneath the skin and exposed on the surface.  I have chosen to focus my design inspirations on the intersections between art, science and technology. Drawing inspiration from natural patterns and designs within the human body, more specifically the circulatory system, I have developed a design by which the veins and arteries of the chest are visually represented on the surface of the skin. Rather than creating an exact representation of the veins and arteries, I have chosen to bring these biological diagrams to my design process in a form that both draws inspiration from, and looks at the biological relationships between veins and arteries.  
experimenting with a variety of forms

Modeled by my lovely sister Adelle Kaldeway.

No comments:

Post a Comment