Wednesday, February 01, 2012

to-do lists

Some would say that I am a little too obsessive over making "to-do" lists and being super organized, but making lists have become such a big part of my life these past few years.  My brain tends to run a million miles a minute and its not until I take the time to write out all the details that I begin to process my thoughts, the assignments, the due dates, the meetings etc... 
here is my colour coordinated to-do list for this week... (yes, I am nerd)

I used to think that I was actually capable of remembering all the tasks I have to complete in a day, but in the long run, I’ve gotten so forgetful that I make lists for almost everything!  

I have grocery lists, “stickie” lists on my desktop, project due date lists, "music I'd like to download" lists, lists of my goals and inspirations, I’ve even gone so far as to make lists by the hour to ensure that I have enough time in my day to complete each task on the list....okay, maybe I may be a little too ambitious at times, but there is something so incredibly satisfying about being able to physically check an item off the list… 

I should probably add that while my expectations may be high, there are always days when I only attempt the first few tasks on the list and I have to remind myself that life goes on.. and I am going to be okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment