Monday, November 21, 2011

tangled thoughts in my lack of motivation.

As I expressed in my first post, this blog does not really have any definitive goals, but rather is going to be a place where I will share my heart and my love for art, design and all things beautiful.  I am currently studying jewellery and metalsmithing at the Ontario College of Art and Design University where I have come to enjoy the time consuming processes of the studio - a place by which I spend at least 12-15hrs of my day. I could probably write novels about the adventurous happenings of the jewellery studio, but right now I just need to exhaust my thoughts in writing, as they have become tangled trains of information that often distract me from finding rest and peace in the things that matter most.

Basically.  My motivation is lacking - more specifically in school.  As we're nearing the end of November, all I really want to do is spend time with my family, invest my time in relationships, drink hot chocolate with peppermint tea, make snow angels, bake peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, make arts and crafts, reupholster an antique chair I purchased in the summer, learn how to work my camera better, sing Christmas carols, go ice skating and this list could go on. 


But instead, I sit here trying to work through the last chapter of my sociology text in preparation for my final exam this coming Thursday. And yet while I try to focus on studying my mind is filled with the countless studio projects that still need to be completed over the next 13 days.  And then my brain is flooded with thoughts of fear and doubt in my ability to make it through the final studio projects and exams that must be completed.

Oh dear, just so many things going through my mind.  But it'll be okay.  Amongst being overwhelmed in so many ways today, I was encouraged by a kind friend that introduced me to the Rue Royale, an Indie Folk band from the UK that I had the pleasure of listening to while I endured the joys of studying late into the evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment