Wednesday, December 14, 2011

vintage lace

this past summer I had the privilege of making my sister's prom jewellery.  She had chosen to move away from the traditional "princess" prom dress and instead wore a rather simple, yet elegant cream coloured vintage dress.  She wanted her jewellery to be original, yet well integrated with her attire.  I chose to work with sterling silver, turquoise, pearls and a segment of vintage lace I found at a thrift store.


I've chosen to set a turquoise stone in a sterling silver ring band wrapped with two rings of twisted wire, the earrings were fabricated with sterling silver wire and pearls, and the bracelet was made from a segment of vintage lace dyed with tea to match the colour of her dress.  I encased the entire collection of jewellery in a protective case that I made using bookbinding techniques and fine japanese papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment